Sunday 18 March 2012

birthday: owls and fabric

It was my birthday on Friday and I've decided to share a few of the lovely presents I received. I noticed that owls and fabric seemed to come up a lot - much to my delight! My sweet, thoughtful and caring husband managed to find the time - goodness knows how - to gather up a whole host of wonderful gifts. Most of these are from him. I am so very thankful for my family and friends near and far.
 A beautiful fabric/suede-covered notebook by Paperchase.
 Cute owl birthday card and pretty cupcake fabric on a mint/white polkadot background.
I love this striking green fabric! It has a 1960s feel to it and I love the colour. There is enough of it to make something I could wear... The fat quarter pack is really pretty too. I'm going to have a lot of fun.
These owl notelets were from my Mum. They feature an owl hieroglyph, and oddly enough it looks exactly like something my Mum would have drawn - it's her style, somehow. I can totally see this as an embroidery pattern, or inspiration for my sketchbook.
Finally just look at this pretty strawberry fabric wrapped in twine! I love the addition of a tiny orange dot by each strawberry.

Whenever I share new fabric for my stash I always welcome any suggestions about how to use it. Any thoughts?

Plus: watch this space, for soon I will be sharing a big, exciting (well for me, anyway!) LIST of things I plan to make before my next birthday!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...